Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Did I tell you that my fiance is greedy?

Since it is the season and I have been baking my kiester off, I thought I would include the recipe for the item Roe can't seem to get enough of (I mean it is borders on gluttony!).

My master plan every year is to capitalize on fresh peaches while they are in season and bake enough cobbler to get me through the winter or at least till January. But no Mr. Roe has to eat it all at once. When the mood strikes (which is often) he jumps up and screams "Cobbler Time!" and does his happy dance. Then he precedes to eat it with a heaping of ice cream.

So tomorrow I am back at peeling a million and one peaches to make cobbler, which I am storing in Roe's mother's deep freezer. Hopefully I will be able to sample some come winter (but I doubt it).

Two words for Roe: Greedy Ass!


Peach Cobbler

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Filling
Fresh Peaches Sliced (About 4 cups)
2 packs of gelatin (I believe it’s the equivalent of 1/4 cup)
At least 1 teaspoon of cinnamon ( I added more but it is to your taste)
At least a 1/2 cup of sugar (Also more if you want it sweeter - I think I put in 3/4 a cup)

-Blend all together and set aside

Topping
2 cups of Flour
1 cup of sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup of milk
1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon of baking powder

- Sift all dry ingredients together.
- Melt Butter and add milk to it
- Slowly stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Pour over peaches in dish.

- Bake in oven till knife comes out clean from center. ~50 Minutes

No comments: