Thursday, May 22, 2008

Boutonnières




(All top photos courtesy of The Knot)


Okay so me and the future Mister went back and forth about the boutonnières.

I think they are terribly kitschy! To me they bring up images of high school prom. And do not to me make a man look dapper at all. But yet I feel strange breaking with tradition. The pics above are lovely examples of some versions of the traditional boutonnières.

Well at my first floral meeting we decided on simple rose boutonnières, however, after some thought I really hated it. And considering the Mister's personality and style I didn't think it was truly a reflection of him. Then we kicked around the idea of one made out of Swarovski crystals to give him a little bling. But I must admit to me it did not come across as too masculine.


Then we found the following site http://www.wirename.com and I knew I found the perfect alternative. And the Mister loved it. See a sample of their work.




We are thinking of either doing his initials of his full name or linked initials of our names. How cute is that!

No comments: