Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Candle Saga Continues

So as you know I got a great deal on candles last week. They came and HOLY COW its a lot freaking candles!!!!!!!!


In this photo each box contains 40 candles and there is still another box underneath with another 40!

I had to check with my florist to see if she had glass containers for this quantity of candles, which duh, she did not have enough for in her existing stock. (Plus I am adding 24-40 more candles.) So she would have to order new glass. Since my florist is a small business owner I didn't think this was fair to her and would be an extraordinary expense, which would eventually get passed on to me. So in her and my best interest I started to hunt for a cheap solution. (Most venues do not allow you to have free standing candles, they either need to be in a container or sit on some type of dish).


Well the internet hunt was on! I love trolling the internet in order to find a great deal.

First up is Save On Crafts. I found that they had some really spectacular prices. Here is a sampling of their deals I am considering.

pad

Click to enlarge

Vases Glass Cylinder (7-7/8" x 3"  ) $2.36 ea. / 12 for $1.49 ea.

Clear glass cylinder 7-7/8" tall floral vase $2.36 each

Order 12 for just $1.49 each


Regular price $2.99 each

7.825" tall x 3.25" wide (diameter at the top) glass cylinder vase. Measures 3" diameter until it tapers at the bottom to 2-1/4" wide.

pad

Click to enlarge

Vases Glass Cylinder (6 x 3-1/4" wide)  $2.69 ea.  / 12 for $2.29 ea.

Quality Glass Cylinder Vases at Discount and Bulk Discount Prices

Clear Glass Cylinder Vase 6" tall X 3¼" diameter $2.69 each.

Order 12 for just $2.29 each


Regular price $3.99 each

Excellent for shorter stemmed flowers, floating candles and tea lights.











pad

Click to enlarge

4" Glass Pillar Candle Holders  12 for $10.20  ($.85 each )

Quality glass hurricane shades and bases at discount and bulk discount prices.

6 clear 4" Diameter glass bases will hold pillar candles up to 2.9" wide - You get 12 bases for $10.20/ $.85 each

Reg. price $19.08/ $1.59 each

Candle is not included. Pillar candle holders. It has a thick outer lip. Holds up to a 2.9" pillar candle.




Then in a random Google search (search words candle wedding centerpiece) I came upon this lovely idea utilizing glasses from IKEA as candle holders (courtesy of Mrs. Lemon on Weddingbee). What a wonderful and resourceful idea.

IKEA has great prices on their glassware. (I've priced their candles and even with shipping and handling the candle vendor I went to was cheaper. But that is not to say that you can not get a steal on their floating candles and votives. Just be wary of burn time.)



Also check her post for a great deal on plumeria flowers. From my recent trip to Hawaii I can attest to their loveliness from first hand expereince.

So my question is now: What will I do with all that glass after the wedding?

Better start researching how to burnt candled from glass containers.

No comments: